FCC Emergency Broadband Benefit
- The Emergency Broadband Benefit will provide a discount of up to $50/month towards broadband service for eligible households and up to $75/month for households on Tribal lands or Hawaiian Homesteads. In addition, eligible households can receive a one-time discount of up to $100 to purchase a laptop, desktop computer, or tablet through a qualified provider
- A household is eligible if one member of the household:
- Qualifies for the Lifeline program;
- Receives benefits under the free and reduced-price school lunch program or the school breakfast program, including through the USDA Community Eligibility Provision, or did so in the 2019-2020 school year;
- Received a Federal Pell Grant during the current award year;
- Experienced a substantial loss of income since February 29, 2020 and the household had a total income in 2020 below $99,000 for single filers and $198,000 for joint filers; or
- Meets the eligibility criteria for a participating providers’ existing low-income or COVID-19 program.
- Limited to one monthly service discount and one device discount per household.
- Start date has not been established